11/05/2008

Obama is elected president!!

Hi guys,
yes, it's true, Obama is elected president. I didn't watch the whole night, just until 11 pm.
Ja, also, wie ihr seht, mein Deutsch ist komisch. Ich schreibe komische Saetze und so... ;) Last night I had my first english dream, and I kinda think in english, mixed with a few german words.

So... what did I do?
We got Monday and Tuesday off from school, wonderful! I could sleep in and just hang out. And then I went shopping with Carleigh. Huh, that was so much fun. I got a lot of new clothes, surprisingly I found a bounch, in Germany it took me hours to find just ONE thing ;)
And it was really cheap...!

On Halloween I went over to one of my friends house (Gillian), we watched "The others" and passed out candy. That was so cute: I saw a lot of Batmans, Spidermans, OBAMA (! not the real one, just a guy with a mask) and a dice (this you can switch, forget how it's called^^).

Yeah, and if you wanna see my website, which I created in Web Design class follow this link: http://www.lakotawesthigh.com/static/0809web/period4/greve/city/index.html
It looks better if you have the font Edwardian Script ITC. If you don't have it, download it here:
http://www.font-zone.com/download.php?fid=564
...or look at a less pretty side ;)

What else can I tell you? Okay, that's a lot of stuff, I will do it out of any order, so don't wonder, that'll be kinda chaotic.

It is a law to get pictures of yourself taken (for your student ID card, but if you want to you can have them on paper too).

I also got my US History quater grade. I have a 90!! And today we had a test, and I think I did pretty well at it.

You can watch your homework, assignments and grades online! I have to log on www.edline.com.

On Thursday and Friday there will be Young Women rather Young Women and Young Men. That's the youth group of the church. Apropos church, I love church. For everyone don't know to which church I'm going: I'm going to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints (Mormon), and I love it! I feel like I'm a member of the church, I can't describe it so well, you have to feel it.

Yeah, election day... that wasn't that special. I went with my host parents to the voting place. You could vote online... and I got a voting sticker although I didn't vote, but I'm pretty sure that I might vote in 8 years in a presidental election. I wanna move here, and join the church. And then I will move here, it's so cool. That's my new, big (one of my) dreams. But before I move I will study Biotechnology/Genetic somewhere.

Oh and I have a friend in New Zealand, who is also an exchange student. She is going to spend her year like from January '09 to December or something.

I think I forget the half I would tell you, but okay!
Hope you have a nice day!
Julia

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

hey!

I like your blog^^ copied half pf it-.-
do you already have snow? my hostmom is pretty sure that you do and I´m like "no she would write that!" sorry I didin´t write for so long! are you going to the florida trip? it´s a little expensive I think... write me back ;)
www.vivi-amerika.blogspot.com

have more fun^^
LG vivi in TUCSON :) (it was really cold here today, had to wear a jacket over my t-shirt!!! :D )

Anonym hat gesagt…

uuuups >I always thought mccain was from arizona :D think I have to look it up again... my hostfamily was for him, but they are ok with obama too... see what happens now!
yeah the florida trip itself is ok but first I hate long bus drives and from michigan down there would take like 18 hours or something like that and second I have to fly to michigan and back to tucson wich is extra 700$! do you still have to fly?
guess what, I made it on the baskteball team of the school! I really have no idea of baskteball and it´s "only" the JV team but still good enough :) haver practice every day except for sunday! that´s really hard but king of nice too, because I´m always around people... sometimes it was prtty boring after school, when I had nothing to do and nobody was home... but that was ok^^
I never remember my dreams :D have no idea whether I already dream in english, but at least I think in english :)

do you have plans for thanksgiving? I´m going to mexico! :) really cool^^ I should probably learn some spanish vokab till then but I´m doing good enough in class- switched 2 weeks ago from spanish one to two and still have an A :) that´s really cool, because I naver had spanish before!

have to goo, "talk" to you later!

LG vivi